Springfield, MA. January 3, 2018 – Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) is pleased to announce the 36 startups that will participate in the 2018 VVM startup accelerator program.
The 36 startups, chosen from 200 applicants from around the world, represent high-quality, early-stage startups across many industries and sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, energy, software, consumer goods, education and social impact.
“The quality of these startups and the breadth of industries they represent is astounding,” said VVM CEO Liz Roberts. She also points out that 30 of the 36 companies have an affiliation with one of our area colleges.
The startup accelerator, now in its fourth year, provides intensive training, a network of highly skilled mentors, and funding that enables startup founders to establish and grow their businesses at a fast pace.Startups are eligible to win up to $50,000 in equity-free cash at the end of the program. The winners will be announced on Thursday, May 24 at the VVM Startup Accelerator Awards.
VVM’s Visionary Partners include MassMutual and The Irene E. and George A. Davis Foundation.
VVM is also partnering for a second year with with Pathlight, a local organization which serves people with intellectual disabilities. The two organizations put out a national call for entrepreneurs with technology ideas that could increase independence for those with intellectual disabilities. After a rigorous selection process, two startups were selected to participate in the Accelerator: NSV Online Radio and Innovation Cooperative 3D, LLC.
2018 VVM Startup Accelerator Cohort:
- ACEA: Fixing Continuing Education in Healthcare
- Aclarity, LLC: Aclarity is a startup started at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst that designs, tests, and commercializes innovative water purification devices for various applications.
- adopets: adopets is a nationwide platform to adopt pets
- Apollo: Apollo is a mobile advertising platform that delivers high converting ads designed as familiar drop-down push notifications.
- Bissell & Bissell Archery: Say goodbye to awkward and hello to yellow. Redesigned target archery equipment to fit your athletic needs.
- BSS Additive: We help companies upcycle their metal, plastic and ceramic wastes into high value nano-powders, for use in production grade 3d printing.
- connect2nicu.com: “Empowering Families To Be Equal Partners In Their Child’s Healthcare Journey”
- EmbraceRace: A community of support for caregivers, and the organizations that serve them, to raise kids who are resilient, brave, thoughtful, and informed about race.
- Globr: Interconnect the significance of current social issues by centralizing outreach for social impact organizations
- HELPUSGREEN: Preserving the Ganges through livelihoods
- Heroes, Horses and Hounds: We rescue unwanted horses and dogs to be retrained for service and animal assisted programs
- Homestead Inc: Inventor and developer of alternative energy device
- Ingenii Innovations: Ingenii Innovations is a innovative company looking to make people’s lives easier using innovative products. our flagship product the Blendi is cutting edge in terms of Portable Blending technology
- Innovation Cooperative 3D, LLC: Patented 1TOUCH Measured Dispenser is the best liquid & gel package in the world. Our airless system provides consumers with safe, accurate, no-mess, no-waste, eco-friendly, easy-to-use performance
- M Cubed: A focused marketing magazine for marijuana business owners
- MealVista: Get help from local parents on your dinner plans and grocery shopping. Did we mention the plans are dietitian approved, aka HEALTHY, and there is no commitment?
- MedKairos Inc.: 1 out of 5 biopsies are repeated due to tissue quality. @MedKairos verifies sample quality so patients will only undergo the procedure once #patientsnotpatience
- Music Box Licensing: A creative music agency dedicated to finding and crafting unique soundtracks for films, commercials and branded web content.
- NSV Online Radio: NSV Online Radio is a global interactive radio experience connecting families on the autism spectrum with experts, services and news that impacts their lives! NSV…you’re listening, right ?!
- NuHalu: NuHalu is a high-end content creation studio that produces story driven, visually stunning and emotionally moving Mixed Reality experiences.
- Nymser Labs LLC: Contextual communication for hyperlocal emergency notification
- Oak and Ash Farm Distillery: A small farm craft distillery using local ingredients to scratch distill traditional style schnapps and whiskey with the seasons.
- Obzerv: Obzerv helps patients recover from surgery at home faster while reducing the risk of a dangerous hospital re-admission.
- OmPractice: Live online group yoga via two-way video that makes yoga accessible to anyone anywhere. Teachers can earn what their truly worth while students can #beathomeinclass.
- Phytos Therapeutics: Phytos Therapeutics protect the health of you and your investment from drug resistance.
- Qnected: Recruiting & marketing software to help companies find attract & engage “top talent” – at scale
- ReStyle: We are a Virtual Clothing Swap, Making Sustainable Look Great!
- Rising Sons/Ones Up: Ones up uses civic engagement to help young adults uncover their passion, talent and gain transferable job skills while transforming their communities.
- ShakeWhey: ShakeWhey is a vending machine that provides gym members convenient access to freshly-made protein shakes.
- SketchThis: Making software to control fabrication robots
- SolarFi: Bringing power and the internet to the unconnected, and underserved population through our solar-powered mobile phone charging kiosk.
- Taag: Taag allows users to share digital contact information instantly by touching phones together.
- Venuetopia: Airbnb for wedding and event locations
- WeThrive: WeThrive’s entrepreneurial apprenticeships equip and empower under-resourced students to rise as economic leaders nationwide.
- Wholebeing Institute: WBI is an educational organization focused on the evidence-based science of human flourishing. Courses help you learn, and then live into, your best life.
- Zimora Studio: Z Wraps are the eco friendly alternative to plastic. They keep your bread fresh, your vegetables crisp and fresher longer without the guilt of using plastic.
About Valley Venture Mentors
Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) is a not-for-profit based in Springfield, Massachusetts that is focused on growing the entrepreneurial renaissance in Western Massachusetts. VVM is developing high-growth potential startups in Western Massachusetts and strengthening Springfield’s reputation as the next startup destination city.