Every great thing out there started as somebody’s crazy idea.
Attend a Monthly VVM Meeting
At our mentorship meetings, you will find free food and drink, free childcare, and a welcoming community brimming with energy and expertise. Startups are here to change the world, and we’re here to help them. Everyone has something to give and something to learn. You don’t have to know what that is when you walk in—that’s what we’re here for. Whether you become a facilitator, apply for intensive training as an entrepreneur, or just dip in whenever your schedule allows, you start by simply showing up.
Whether you’re a potential mentor, an entrepreneur, or just “startup curious,” the best way to experience VVM is to dive in at our monthly Mentorship Meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in Springfield.
“The best thing about VVM is their faith in me. They invest in me by providing access to
childcare, mentorship, and an overall great atmosphere to thrive as a business.”
—Sheila Coon, Owner, Hot Oven Cookies
Meetings Go Like This:
5:00 – Food: Free food, drinks, and networking!
5:30 – Intro: How It All Works
5:45 – Pitching: Startups currently in the program give brief pitches with an overview of their company, their progress since last month, and a specific request for help.
6:00 – Speed Dating with Startups: Everyone circles up with a startup whose needs or ideas resonate with them for 15-20 minutes of fun.
7:30 – Onward! Feel free to linger in conversation with some of the wonderful folks you’ve just met next door at the Sports Bar!
RSVP for our next public event on Wednesday, March14th:
VVM Monthly Meetings Are:
- Fun: We wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Symbiotic: It turns out helping others can be great for your own career too.
- Focused: That’s how we achieve maximum impact; we know that by helping the entrepreneur, we’re investing in everyone they employ and everyone who benefits from their products and services down the line.
- Smart: Our community of mentors has incredibly broad and deep expertise. This is the “roomful of grown-ups” you’ve been looking for.
- Exciting: These people are creating the future, and we get to be part of it. It’s an amazing rush.
- Free: No strings. Just be your awesome self.
VVM Monthly Meetings Are Not:
- Boring: A thousand mentors and more than 100 startups agree.
- Pie in the Sky: It’s working. VVM Alumni are generating millions of dollars in investment and revenue.
- Soliciting Free-for-Alls: We have a “No Soliciting” rule because we are here to help the entrepreneurs. Great business also happens for mentors as a result, but it’s built on the relationships created in the process. We don’t even need to sell to each other. That’s how good it is.
- Time-Intensive: We know you’re busy. Come once a month, come once a year—all are welcomed and respected.