Applications are closed.
You know what an accelerator does. It speeds things up. That’s what we do. We help you speed up the growth and success of your business.
Applications for our Mentorship Program will be opening soon – check it out!
Startup Accelerator Participants Get. . .
- Get: Five months of intense training and lovingly critical support.
- Tap: Subject matter experts, investors, and highly engaged and collaborative peers.
- Access: Free office space from January through May 2017.
- Smile: Our teams get tons of marketing exposure and public relations promotion.
- Compete: Win up to $50,000 each (equity-free!) to develop their businesses.
- Clever Capital: Equity-free funding, distributed by judges who are all seed stage investors who can (and have) followed up with their own additional funds.
- Balance: The “one long weekend a month” structure of our accelerator allows people with day jobs and/or significant family commitments the ability to fully engage.
- Real Support: Our alumni consistently tell us that VVM and Western Massachusetts was the most welcoming environment they had ever worked in as entrepreneurs.
- Authentic Relationship Building: You don’t build a relationship overnight. VVM’s startup accelerator carefully creates deep connections with your peers and opportunities for you to meet potential advisors, partners, and investors multiple times so relationships can grow.
“I’ve seen some of the best accelerators and biggest demo days across the country, but I must say the folks at VVM are doing something very special in Western Massachusetts. They run an effective and organized accelerator program, open to startups anywhere in the country. And their awards ceremony was attended by over 500 people, over 30 startups, 30 judges, and the accelerator awarded prize money to over ten of those startups. It was a great event, with great people, making a real impact to further innovation.”
—Nick Moran, The Full Ratchet Podcast, 2016 Judge
Core training, meetings, and events are held in “one long weekend a month” bootcamps, featuring hands-on training, expert-led lectures, peer collaboration, advisor office hours, and practice judging rounds. In addition, workshops cover strategy, innovation, marketing, sales, team-building, operating best practices, fundraising, and term sheets for valuations. Teams then participate in a public showcase and rounds of competition for awards.
Applications are now closed; the program runs January through May.
Global Accelerator Network Benefits
Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) Startup Accelerator is a part of the Global Accelerator Network (GAN), which is described as “a highly-curated community of independent accelerators, corporates, and investors.”
The network offers expansive opportunities for VVM’s Accelerator startups and for VVM as a whole including:
- Over $1M in Savings and stuff for free: From Cloud hosting credits to airline tickets to CRMs, you are likely to find what you need.
- GAN Coworking Exchange: Connect with the global community and work for free for up to two weeks at a participating GAN Accelerator almost anywhere in the world.
- GAN Investor Network: Connect with GAN Ventures, the investment arm of GAN creating catalytic capital for seed stage companies coming out of GAN accelerators.
Valley Venture Mentors and Pathlight, a leading provider of services for people with intellectual disabilities, are joining up again to launch year two of the Pathlight Challenge. The challenge offers two prestigious spots in VVM’s Startup Accelerator to startups that are creating solutions for people, particularly millennials, with developmental and intellectual disabilities (and those with autism who have no intellectual disability) to lead more independent lives.
Last year Pathlight Fellows got lots of press, access to Pathlight stakeholders for market research along with all of the other perks that go along with being a VVM startup. Learn more here.
The 2018 Startup Accelerator Selection Schedule
Applications are now closed.
- Application close: October 18, 2017
- Round 2 Due: October 31, 2017
- Round 3 Interviews: November 15, 2017
- Invitations extended: December 5, 2017
February 2-4, 2018
March 2-4, 2018
April 5-8, 2018
May 4-5, 2018
May 24, 2018